As a member of The Medical Panel, you will periodically receive invitations to participate in highly relevant, paid opinion research studies. These studies are designed and targeted for your specific field of medicine, and may be in the form of online surveys, telephone interviews, online focus groups and more. You may even be asked to participate in messaging or concept tests or real-world usability tests to provide feedback on new healthcare products, apps or devices before they are available on the market.
Below are some tips to help optimize the time you put into our research studies:
- Your Profile: Based on the medical job title you provide, you will be asked a series of profile questions regarding your specialty, facility type, experience, patient demographics, etc. Please fill out your profile as completely as you can. The more information you provide, the more we can tailor your experience and present the most relevant paid research opportunities for you.
- Qualification Criteria: Every study has a specific target audience in mind – only those persons who fit that target and participate are compensated. By way of example, a study might be looking for professionals in your field who use a particular medical product or device, or who frequently treat a precise medical condition. Oftentimes, we will not know if you meet these requirements without asking a few additional questions prior to survey commencement. These questions are known as “screener questions” and they will be included in nearly every survey presented. Most screeners are quite short; however, it’s unlikely that you will qualify for every survey for which you’re screened. Honoraria are not provided for screener questions that do not include your survey participation. We know this is discouraging, but fortunately our screeners are generally brief, we let you know right away if you’re qualified or not – and keep in mind that the qualification rate for online surveys is quite high, so the odds are in your favor that you will qualify for many of the surveys to which you are invited.
- Invitations: Invitations to surveys, focus groups, and other research opportunities will be delivered to your email inbox. We will include three important pieces of information in these invitations: time commitment, honoraria amount, and basic qualification criteria. Participation is always at your convenience and not required for any study. These pieces of information may help you decide if you want to take part in a particular opportunity. In addition, our contact information is always included should you have any questions or need assistance.
- Honoraria: Honoraria amounts vary but are typically $3-$5 per minute for an online survey; the amounts are higher for one-on-one interviews and focus groups. We make every effort to pay these rewards within two weeks of completing the study, and you can track your participation and earned rewards via your member dashboard. Final rewards are redeemable immediately to your PayPal account. Additional reward options are coming soon!
- Time Commitment: The average length of our paid online research surveys is 15-20 minutes. We realize that you are very busy and may not be able to complete every survey in one sitting. Most surveys allow you to save and complete at a later time; however, technical issues can arise. Therefore, we encourage you, if at all possible, to allow enough time to complete the full survey in one sitting to assure your honoraria is earned for your valuable time.